Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

Having recently moved from a small town in Wisconsin, to the more polished and stretched out suburban area that sort of washes into the big city of Raleigh, I am struggling with a heavy sense of vagueness. It is like being cozy within a sweet yard enclosed safely by an attractive picket fence, gated welcomingly with a rose-covered arbor. After rooting myself into the fertile ground that I nurtured and gardened specifically to plant my heart within, I found myself ripped out and thrown spread-eagled onto sterile ground in a cookie cutter world. I knew it would be a difficult transition, but as is normal for me, lacked any significant thought to the actual outcome. The following poetry may very well be a morbid expression of my feelings, especially to be entered in something so positively titled for optimism. But I assure you, that this is as ever a part of the journey, and the whole process of Growth, is truly inspiring....wherever it needs to begin.

Poem #1: A Very Whimsical Good-bye

I planted too deep, for this gypsy spirit of mine...
A mistake and a sadness, a "should-a known" care,
That caused me to leave a tender root there.

I waited too long, and I planted too much,
Deceiving myself, deceiving my heart...
As always a gypsy, pushing her cart.

I should have known better, planting so deep
I learned long ago, that the blood in my veins,
are for planting the annuals, over again.

For many, like me, who are gypsies at heart,
we plant and we nurture and never take rest,
we may see the flower, but never harvest.


Well, this is a start, and I know this is lame...but it is a first draft, and of course, a first step. I am really very simple, and if nothing else, this might give you a chuckle. Re-reading it, it did bring out some of my long-lost sense of humor...! And, for that alone...it was worth it. Ta-ta for now. Sheree






No comments:

Post a Comment