Sunday, February 14, 2010

4 am Valentine's Sunday...Alone and Awake

4am Musings...saying goodbye to my sweet husband, on Valentine's morning, led to a bit of sleeplessness. This came out of my keyboard, and now I am going to crawl back into bed and wait for the sun.

* * * * *

Memories, so much like smoke and like veil
Flitting here and there, teasing and tickling
my mind...
Leaving me yearning, closing my eyes to solidify mist.

Memories of loves that were lost, either on purpose or not
Some dropping more tangible packages
like breadcrumbs and children...
Leaving me more determined and earthbound.

Each step of my path becomes more solid as I age
Memories more often and fleeting, leaving wisdom intact
if not sanity.
Accruing wisdom comes with knowing when to yearn, and when to live.

Like a large maple tree, I am...dropping leaves and changing colors
collecting years to shape into wrinkles and sugar
Memories flowing like blood to be tapped
to sweeten the taste of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment